< Home About Us Products Print Contact >

Home - Multiple Chemical Sensitivity all that cleans is not harmless
According to Wikipedia, multiple chemical sensitivity (MCS) is a chronic medical condition characterized by symptoms that the affected person attributes to exposure to low levels of chemicals. Commonly suspected substances include smoke, pesticides, plastics, synthetic fabrics, scented products, petroleum products and paints. Symptoms may be vague and non-specific, such as nausea, fatigue, and headaches.
Recent studies show that 15% of Americans are sensitive to common chemicals, and the numbers are growing. Solvents, paints, pesticides (including herbicides), disinfectants and other cleaning agents, propane and natural gas, auto and truck exhaust, office and industrial air pollution, air fresheners, fragrances, fabric softeners, detergents, hair spray, after-shave lotions and colognes all contain chemicals which can cause chemical sensitivity and trigger asthma and allergies.
MCS has also been termed toxic injury (TI), chemical sensitivity (CS), chemical injury syndrome (CI), 20th Century Syndrome, environmental illness (EI), sick building syndrome, idiopathic environmental intolerance (IEI) and toxicant-induced loss of tolerance (TILT).

Six consensus criteria were identified by researchers for the diagnosis and definition of MCS in 1989 (later edited in 1999):
Symptoms are reproducible with repeated (chemical) exposures.
The condition has persisted for a significant period of time
Low levels of exposure (lower than previously or commonly tolerated) result in manifestations of the syndrome (i.e. increased sensitivity)
The symptoms improve or resolve completely when the triggering chemicals are removed
Responses often occur to multiple chemically unrelated substances
Symptoms involve multiple-organ symptoms (runny nose, itchy eyes, headache, scratchy throat, ear ache, scalp pain, mental confusion or sleepiness, palpitations of the heart, upset stomach, nausea and/or diarrhea, abdominal cramping, aching joints)
MCS also has the ability to apparently augment the effects of other problems experienced by the patient - problems such as common allergies, asthma, depression, food intolerances, etc. These problems of augmentation are reported by about half of all MCS sufferers.

Use of ecoClean™ cleaners and pet treatments reduce the symptons of MCS since they are hypoallergenic, non-carcinogenic, non-toxic and non-fuming.

Home Page
About Us
Contact Us
Blending Facility
eQuine Wash
Home Home
ecoAgra Info
Power Point
ecoClean Info
Power Point
ecoSolv Technologies LLC